You are interested in furthering your education in Europe. We are glad to inform you that the FAO-Hungarian Government Scholarship is an ongoing application for Developing Countries. So in this article, we will explain more about the scholarship, its worth, eligibility, and application process.
FAO-Hungaria Government Scholarship program enables a select group of young professionals to undertake master’s level studies in English at one of Hungary’s agricultural universities. The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and enhance nutrition and food security.
The organization was established in 16th October 1945. The FAO consists of 197 member states. Its headquarters is in Rome, Italy, and maintains regional and field offices around the world, operating in over 130 countries.
It helps governments and development agencies organize their activities to enhance and develop agriculture, forestry, fisheries, and land and water resources. The organization organize research, provides technical assistance to projects, operates educational and training programs, and collects data on agricultural output, production, and development.
The FAO is governed by a biennial conference representing each member country and the European Union, which elects a 49-member executive council. The Director-General, currently Qu Dongyu of China, serves as the chief administrative officer. There are different committees governing matters like finance, programs, agriculture, and fisheries
The idea of an international organization for food and agriculture came up in the late 19th and early 20th century, advanced primarily by Polish-born American agriculturalist and activist David Lubin. In May–June 1905, an international conference was held in Rome, Italy, which led to the foundation of the International Institute of Agriculture (IIA) by the King of Italy, Victor Emmanuel III.
In 1951, the FAO’s headquarters were moved from Washington, D.C., United States, to Rome, Italy. The agency is directed by the Conference of Member Nations, which meets every two years to review the work executed by the organization and to Work and Budget for the next two-year period.
The FAO is composed of eight departments: Agriculture and Consumer Protection, Climate, Biodiversity, Land and Water Department, Economic and Social Development, Fisheries and Aquaculture, Forestry, Corporate Services and Technical Cooperation and Program Management.
Beginning in 1994, the FAO underwent the most important restructuring since its founding, to decentralize operations, streamline procedures and reduce costs. Residents (who must be nationals) of the following countries are qualified to apply for the Scholarship Program: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo1, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, North Macedonia, Madagascar, Mali, Myanmar, Republic of Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Namibia, Nigeria, North Korea, State of Palestine, the Philippines, Republic of Cabo Verde, Serbia, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen.
Worth of FAO-Hungarian Government Scholarship
- The FAO-Hungarian Government Scholarship covers student costs only; family members are not supported within the frame of this program.
- The scholarship will also cover application and tuition fees all over the study period with basic books and notes, dormitory accommodation, subsistence costs, and health insurance.
Eligibility for FAO-Hungarian Government Scholarship
- To be qualified for the scholarship, you must be citizenship and residency in one of the eligible countries.
- You need excellent school achievements to be qualified for FAO-Hungarian Government Scholarship.
- English language proficiency “for courses taught in English”, motivation, and good health is needed to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants under 30 are preferred for FAO-Hungarian Government Scholarship.
Required Documents for the Scholarship are:
- Application form duly completed
- Certificate of Good Conduct issued by the local police authority.
- A recent curriculum vitae
- A letter of recommendation
- Health Certificate issued by Medical Doctor
- A copy of the certificate of proficiency in English
- Statement of motivation
- A copy of high school/college diploma and transcript/report of study or copy of the diploma attachment
- Copies of relevant pages of passport showing expiration date and passport number.
Note that all submitted documents must be in ENGLISH.
How to Apply for FAO-Hungarian Government Scholarship
If you are interested in FAO-Hungarian Government Scholarship and eligible for the scholarship, visit the official website to apply.
Application Deadline for FAO-Hungarian Government Scholarship
The application deadline for the scholarship is February 28, 2022.
Official Website: Click here