The University College London is honored to launch the University College London Global Scholarships to support students from lower-income families fulfill their dream to study in the UK. The scholarship application is currently open for the academic year 2022-2023.
The University College London has established this University College London Global Scholarships exclusively for a full-time master’s degree program undertaken by international students. The scholarship is valued at £15,000 and is to be awarded to 70 international students.
Continue reading this article to know more about the University College London Global Scholarships, its worth, eligibility, and application process.
The University College London is a major public research university situated in London, United Kingdom. The university is a member institution of the federal University of London, and is the second-largest university in the United Kingdom by total enrolment, and the largest by postgraduate enrolment.
The university was founded in 1826, as London University, by founders inspired by the fanatic ideas of Jeremy Bentham, the University College London was the first university institution to be formed in London, and the first in England to be entirely temporal and to admit students regardless of their religion.
The University College London also makes contested claims to being the third-oldest university in England, and the first to admit women. In 1836, the university became one of the two founding colleges of the University of London, which was granted a royal charter in the same year.
However, the university has grown through mergers, including with the Institute of Ophthalmology (in 1995), the Institute of Neurology (in 1997), the Royal Free Hospital Medical School (in 1998), the Eastman Dental Institute (in 1999), the School of Slavonic and East European Studies (in 1999), the School of Pharmacy (in 2012), and the Institute of Education (in 2014).
The University College London has also made cross-disciplinary research a priority and aims its research around four Grand Challenges which are the Global Health, Sustainable Cities, Intercultural Interaction and Human Wellbeing.
In 2014/15, the university had a total research income of £427.5 million, the third-highest of any British university after the University of Oxford and Imperial College London. In 2015/16, the University College London was awarded a total of £85.8 million in grants by UK research councils, the second-largest amount of any British university (after the University of Oxford), having accomplished a 28% success rate.
According to a rating of universities produced by SCImago Research Group, the University College London is ranked 12th in the world and 1st in Europe in terms of total research output. According to data released in July 2008 by ISI Web of Knowledge, the university is the 13th most-cited university in the world and most-cited in Europe.
Furthermore, the analysis covered citations from 1 January 1998 to 30 April 2008, during which 46,166 University College London research papers attracted 803,566 citations. The report covered citations in 21 subject areas and the results revealed some of the university’s key strengths which include Clinical Medicine (1st outside North America); Immunology (2nd in Europe); Neuroscience & Behaviour (1st outside North America and 2nd in the world); Pharmacology & Toxicology (1st outside North America and 4th in the world); Psychiatry & Psychology (2nd outside North America); and Social Sciences, General (1st outside North America).
Worth of University College London Global Scholarships
- The value of the University College London Global Scholarships is £15,000 which is tenable for one year only.
- The University College London Global Scholarships may be held with other scholarships, studentships, awards, or bursaries. The amount of the scholarship award may be adjusted depending on the total value of other funds received by the student.
- Scholarship candidates are required to inform the UCL Student Funding Office immediately of any other funding they are awarded towards their UCL Master’s degree studies, before or after the UCL Global Masters Scholarship being awarded.
- The Global Scholarships will first be applied to the applicant’s tuition fees, with any remainder payable to the recipient in three equal instalments, all through the academic year, towards maintenance.
Eligibility for University College London Global Scholarships
- Candidates can be from any country outside the UK to apply for the scholarship.
- To be qualified for the University College London Global Scholarships, you must be able to pay the Overseas fee rate.
- You should also come from a lower income background.
- Applicants must have submitted an admission application for a full-time Master’s degree at the university to be qualified.
How to Apply for University College London Global Scholarships
For more details about the scholarship and to apply, click here.
Application Deadline for the University College London Global Scholarships
The application deadline for the scholarship is May 12, 2022.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here